New Genesis, Incorporated
New Genesis Learning Center
Assistant & Executive Director
General Position Summary
Summary of Job Description: This position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll twice monthly, financial record keeping and transactions including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger. Quickbooks experience required an outgoing and friendly personality, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals, strong organizational and time management skills, acute attention to detail and ability to work well with leadership team and directors.
Hours: 8-12 hours per week
Compensation: $12-$15/hour based upon experience.
• Proficiency in Quickbooks a must
• Nonprofit experience a plus
• Associate’s degree (AA/AS) or equivalent; three to five years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Additional proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Processes payroll; prepares, records and distributes paychecks. Processes state and federal payroll tax deposits and reports in a timely manner.
• Issues checks for bills and employee reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner; ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized.
• Proactively maintains highly organized filing system; files invoices, payroll paperwork, reimbursements, insurance information and other financial records.
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
• Assists with special projects or does research as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Director or Assistant Director.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Anquanette Wilbon, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.